The Speed Sisters racing to Doc Lounge
The Speed Sisters, the Middle East’s first racing team with only female members, is the subject of Amber Fares’ new documentary, aptly titled Speed Sisters. Now the octane filled film is roaring onto the stage at Doc Lounge.
Supported, as always, by exciting events, inspiring talks and great music, Speed Sisters will be screened at the following Doc Lounge clubs:
- Doc Lounge Varberg, November 19.
- Doc Lounge Volda, November 23
- Doc Lounge Lund, November 24.
- Doc Lounge Stockholm, November 28.
- Doc Lounge Malmö, December 1 (as part of Doc Lounge Live, more information coming soon!)
- Doc Lounge Östersund, December 7.
- Doc Lounge Göteborg, December 8.
- Doc Lounge Odense, December 10
Revving their way through the male dominated Palestinian streetcar-racing scene, the Speed Sisters have been heralded as the Middle East’s first all-women racing team. Independent, determined and always on the move, they have deftly charted their own course through the pressures of social expectations, family dynamics, community politics and an ongoing military occupation.
Watch the trailer below!